Members of the Verona Middle Level Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Chapter recently attended the Middle-Level Missouri Future Business Leaders of America Leadership Conference held on March 15 at the Hilton Garden Inn, Columbia, MO.
FBLA is a career and technical student organization for all middle level and high school students participating in business programs. Over 350 middle level members and advisers from across the state gathered to hear speakers, attend leadership workshops, and celebrate the accomplishments of students placing in the Top 10 of 26 competitive events.
Missouri Middle Level FBLA currently has over 500 members in over 20 chapters located throughout the state.
Placing in the Top 10 for Verona Middle Level FBLA in each category were the following students
· Business Concepts—Asher Freiburger, 7th Place
· Business Etiquette—Milene Porras, 3rd Place
· Career Exploration—Kiara Chance, 9th Place
· Computer Slide Show Presentation—Ilythia Childers, 5th Place
· Introduction to Business Communications—Violet Tosh, 1st Place; Cindy Soto, 3rd Place; Milene Porras, 4th Place; Evan Freiburger, 8th Place; and Brittaney Erwin, 9th Place
· Keyboarding Application I—Ilythia Childers, 9th Place
· Keyboarding Application II—Violet Tosh, 1st Place
· Marketing Concepts—Noah Freiburger, 5th Place; and Evan Freiburger, 9th Place
· Proofreading and Editing—Ian Freiburger, 4th Place
Susan Senninger is the local chapter adviser and accompanied the students to the conference.